Hey dear friends!
It’s Monday and you may (or may not!) have noticed that I was pretty MIA from the blog world last week. I’m happy to report that I did a little blog-visioning this morning over more than a few cups of coffee, and I’m ready and inspired to hit you with my favorite tips and tricks for a well-lived life.
What better way to do that then with a super-simple-superfood recipe? Try saying that three times fast, then join me in making this effortless weeknight meal.So many good things going on here. Salmon, which is my favorite fish, is paired with green beans, sweet potatoes, and kale, which are each superfoods in their own right. A bright and zingy orange ginger glaze is all we need to seal the deal!
We’re making our glaze first with some classic Asian seasonings, and a kick of mustard as well. A quick whisk over the stove and a little heat to bring it together, and we’re set!Next we’re adding our ingredients into perfectly-portioned packets. Torn kale, thinly sliced sweet potatoes, and green beans are all prepped and layered in the foil.Then we add our salmon, the glaze, and fresh orange slices! Then to wrestle the parchment into a neatly folded packet. It’s a difficult maneuver, but it will steam your fish to perfection!All that’s left to do is eat and enjoy! This is a wholesome weeknight dinner that boasts lots of flavor and is a welcome addition to your recipe roundup. Thanks to Cake Over Steak for this stellar recipe!Here’s to great Mondays and good food!
Orange-Ginger Salmon Packets with Green Beans, Sweet Potato, and Kale
adapted from Cake Over Steak
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 small sweet potato, very thinly sliced
- 2-3 cups green beans
- 2 6-oz. salmon filets
- 4 slices of fresh orange
- olive oil
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the soy sauce, fresh ginger and dark brown sugar to a simmer, whisking to combine. When you see some bubbles and the sugar seems to have dissolved, take it off the heat. Whisk in the mustard and honey. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lay out a large piece of parchment paper, about 12 by 18 inches.
- In the center of a sheet of foil, put half of your torn kale in a small pile.
- Place half of the sweet potato slices on top of the kale.
- Lay half of the green beans on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Put one of the salmon filets on top of your vegetable pile. Drizzle with a little less than half of the sauce.
- Place two orange slices on top of the salmon. Drizzle with a little more sauce, and then a little bit of olive oil.
- Fold up the foil over the salmon and vegetable pile, crimping the edges closed at the top. Try to get it as closed as possible so the steam will stay in and you won’t have any sauce leaking out.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients for the second salmon packet.
- Place both packets on a sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.