Wow! We’ve made it to the end of the Two Week Real Food Challenge. To be honest, making the recipes wasn’t hard—photographing, writing, and remembering to publish each recipe was! This was kind of a whirlwind flurry of blog posts, so I’m excited to go back to sharing weekly recipes that I’ve actually had the time to perfect. However, I wanted to end on a high note, so let me present to you…
The PPSL.AKA, the Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte.
AKA, the drink that is about to save you a ton of calories AND money this fall. My lovely friend and college roommate Sarah and I made these last year, and the recipe is definitely worth bringing back, with a new pro tip I can’t wait to share.
We’re starting with coffee or espresso, real pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice (which you can buy or make yourself), some real maple syrup, and your favorite non-dairy milk. If you want to go ALL out, try making your own! After heating up the coffee and milk (which you can even do in the microwave if you want) we’re taking a little trip…
To the blender! Aka my new favorite kitchen appliance! You might ask why we’re blending a hot coffee (although, you could definitely make a PSL Frapp this way) and the answer is simple: this is the EASIEST way to get your latte all nice and frothy without a steamer/frother. Plus, it ensures all the pumpkin and everything else is completely combined. Simply dump your ingredients in, blend, and pour!
One more dusting of cinnamon, and you’re on your way to pure basic-girl bliss.
The PPSL. It’s
Healthy: You control how much sugar goes into this the all natural way—with maple syrup! The homemade milk is also a great way to rid this drink of any preservatives or artificial ingredients. Seriously, it’s so nice to know what’s going into your drink.
Good: This latte has MUCH more authentic pumpkin flavor, which is really nice. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking, but I prefer to let the spices speak for themselves.
Do-able: Leftover coffee works great for this! You can keep pumpkin in the fridge and whip one of these up every morning, if you want to.
Thanks for sticking around the past two weeks. Here’s to being basic, and healthy.
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte (paleo, vegan, gf)
- 1 cup homemade nut milk (I used cashew!), slightly warmed
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee or 2 shots espresso
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or stevia to taste
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- cinnamon (for garnish)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust flavor to taste, sprinkle with a dusting of cinnamon, and serve warm! A high-speed blender should keep the contents hot enough to serve immediately, but if you’re using a traditional blender, you may want to transfer the contents to a saucepan and warm over the stove top before serving.