It’s Sunday, which means football.
It’s Sunday in Wisconsin, which means the Packers.
It’s Sunday in Wisconsin for Jeanette, which means that I will be the lone Vikings fan cheering in the middle of Packer country.
I love buffalo chicken, and I love dip. This recipe combines the best of both worlds, and is lightened up, to boot!
We start off with the basics: shredded chicken (rotisserie leftovers!), diced onion and garlic, Greek yogurt, and Frank’s Red Hot. I’m not a huge fan of blue cheese, so I omitted it from this recipe, but you do you!
A quick mix in the bowl…
And we’re into the crockpot! Crockpot dips are THE BEST idea because they require such little work and can be kept warm throughout the game. Genius!
So, is this dip a winner? Definitely! Here’s why:
Healthy: The Greek yogurt sub for cream cheese/sour cream cuts a lot of calories while still offering plenty of flavor. The chicken makes this dip so much more than a bunch of empty calories.
Good: If you love buffalo wings, this is a must try. None of the mess of grilling, but all of that signature spicy flavor.
D0-able: Fall is crockpot season, which is another reason why it’s the best. Make this in the morning and be ready for the afternoon game!
Thanks for joining me and SKOL VIKINGS!
Skinny Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
adapted from Sarah Spisak
- one pound pre-cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!)
- 1 c. plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- blue cheese (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix with spatula until well combined.
- Place dip in slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Top with blue cheese and serve with tortilla chips or celery sticks.