WOW! This is going to be my last Friday Five for almost three months! Of course, I will still be sharing my posts about my journey to South Africa, but since my access to Internet will be here-and-there, I’m putting these weekly posts on hiatus.
With less than a week to go, everything is coming together! Packing is taking place this weekend and I’ve started to read up on Port Elizabeth and South African history and I am just overwhelmed with the amazing opportunity ahead of me. (Also, a week from today I will be spending a day in London, so that’s a thing.)
Anyways, here are five things going on in my mind, stateside.
1. Today’s reading from 2 Corinthians had me pumped:
For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, whom we proclaimed among you, Silvanus and Timothy and I, was not Yes and No, but in him it is always Yes. For all the promises of God find their Yes in him.
How incredible is it that we serve a God that will never reject us? In a world where we are too afraid to put ourselves out there for fear of being put down, Jesus is always there to affirm and uphold.
2. To my dismay and to all of my Southern friends’ chagrin, I am purchasing a pair of Chacos today. Not because I want to, but because I need to. It’s only because I need to. No, I will not wear them to my sorority’s formal. The buck stops here.
3. Last night’s season finale of Scandal…wow. I’m not going to ruin anything, but I do want to affirm that Scott Foley will always be the most attractive human to grace a television screen. #TeamJake4Ever
4. Here’s your dose of daily “awwww.”
5. And, a question for all of my readers! Where’s your biggest adventure been, and, what’s one piece of advice when it comes to traveling abroad?