Happy Friday, y’all!
I hope you’ve had a good week. To be honest, this one’s kinda been rough for me, but it’s all getting better thanks to the #1 thing on my list! Which is….
1. NEW YORK NEW YORK NEW YORK. I have wanted to go to this magical city my entire life and never had the chance. But TONIGHT I am headed on a plane with my wonderful best friend Danielle to celebrate her 21st birthday in the Big Apple. Stay tuned for a blog post involving Sufjan Stevens, pizza, and possibly Taylor Swift (I’m perpetually hopeful).
2. Last night I had brie, blackberry preserves and ham on crackers last night and had not the slightest regret. This is important information. To me at least.
3. I’m going to be a senior next year. Wow. Okay. That’s scary. Anyways, we have scheduling next week and not only do I have some great classes, I’ll also be interning at PGOA Media doing—you guessed it—blogging. So excited about next year after an amazing summer in…
4. South Africa. Yes. This is still happening. I am starting to think of things to pack. How do you fit an entire two and a half months worth of preparation in a teeny tiny suitcase? If anybody has a good travel abroad packing list, please share.
5. Today would have been the day that I officially ended my term as SGA President, but it looks like I’ll officially (unofficially?) be in office until inauguration in August. With that being said, I have a few thoughts on this year that I’ll hopefully share next week. I did want to take a moment and say that I am filled with nothing but gratitude this year for my experience and all it has taught me. I’m also super thankful for all the people who have helped me during this year. I love plants, so I bought a bunch of these tiny bamboo plants as a thank-you for everyone who helped me, along with a fitting quote from James Cash Penney:
Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.