Happy Friday, friends!
It seems like this Friday in particular couldn’t come fast enough. Next week is Spring Break, and I’ll be enjoying a nice little stay-cation in Nashville with my room mate! Despite current conditions, it’s supposed to be in the 60s all next week. Not exactly tanning weather, but I’ll take it. Anyways, here’s my five little observations this week :)
1. Snow days are for sledding with best friends. We went to Love’s Circle (which has a BEAUTIFUL view of the city!) and hit the hills. We may have only lasted half an hour, but it sure was fun!
2. I’ve only watched the first two episodes of the new season of House of Cards, but I’m planning to finish the entire thing over break. Not going to ruin anything, but I TOTALLY CALLED THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE SEASON AND IT FILLS ME WITH JOY. Okay that’s all.
3. I’m stepping up my lunch game for the Gluten Free 40. Typical lunch will be a sandwich on GF bread, salad, and some fresh fruit! I just started to like strawberries (crazy, right?) so they’ve been a welcome addition to my cute lil lunchbox from Sistema.
4. Tomorrow is the 50th anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march, a pivotal moment in the Civil Rights movement that was depicted in the Oscar-nominated film Selma. It’s hard to believe that only 50 years ago people were fighting for their most fundamental rights as citizens, and even more hard to believe that rights like these are still being denied (in more subversive ways) today. Fight injustice where you see it, and stand up for what is right.
5. If you’ve got a second to pray today, I’d ask that you’d lift my brother John up right now. He’s had a lifelong battle with Chron’s disease and these past few weeks have been especially hard. John is the strongest person I know and the both of us have been drawing strength from this verse in 2 Corinthians:
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.“
Enjoy your weekend.