Good morning friends!
Let’s get right down to it, shall we? Here’s today’s Friday Five.
1. If you’re a Breaking Bad fan, I know that you were watching the premiere of Better Call Saul. If you’re not a Breaking Bad fan, you should still watch the pilot. This show a spin-off that already I believe can hold it’s own. That’s not to say that I wasn’t squealing with delight every time I caught a BB reference (for example, completely calling the ending on the first episode).
2. My new home church Cross Point has just started an INCREDIBLE series on relationships called XOXO. It could not have been more timely in my life, and whether you’re married or single, I’d really encourage you to follow along. If you’re in Nashville swing by any one of the campuses (I’ll be the smiling face at the Dream Center!) or watch previous sermons online here under “Messages”.
3. Hello again, Taylor Swift.
4. Did you know that drinking coffee before exercising can actually improve your performance? Research shows that it increases your body’s ability to burn calories, leads to improved circulation, and more. No shame in that caffeine game.
5. I’ve been so encouraged by the story of Joseph in Genesis 50. Verse 20 says “You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good.” If you feel under siege this week, remember that the Lord will use your rejection for redirection, that there is always a next chapter to your story. Keep pressing forward.