It’s FRIDAY! I am having the most absolutely wonderful day. Finally got back to the gym after a few weeks of being sick, had a test that wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be, and have some exciting news to share…but that’s for later. Here’s the five!
1. If you’re not super savvy about getting the news fromTwitter or other online sources, why not make taking your selfies an educational experience? In a new Snapchat update, users can now access content from a variety of sources including CNN, National Geographic, ESPN, and even Cosmo! So snap away, and maybe learn something in the process.
2. Scandal is back, and I’ve just kissed drama-free Thursdays goodbye…who am I kidding, I love it! The REAL drama begins when House of Cards returns in February…
3. You’re rooting for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, right? Okay cool, me too. Now that we’ve got that over with, tell me that you’ve seen Budweiser’s adorable commercial.
4. Random factoid of the day: mailing an entire building has been illegal in the U.S. since 1916 when a man mailed a 40,000-ton brick house across Utah to avoid high freight rates.
5. And finally, a super exciting announcement! This morning I received word that I was selected to receive the Lumos Award, which is a program through Belmont that funds students that design their own project to make an impact abroad. So, this summer, I will be heading to Port Elizabeth, SOUTH AFRICA for two and a half months. I’ll be working with orphanages and children impacted by AIDS/HIV and poverty and aiding in community development. I am still in shock that God has opened up such a huge way to use the gifts and talents he’s given me and could not be more grateful to the selection committee for their generosity and faith in me. More details to come!!
Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend. Thank you for being you.