Wow, it’s that time again! I was fully planning on publishing a post about my hilarious experience with a dinner I made over break…and just forgot to publish it. Anyways, since it’s written in my agenda and on my to-do list twice, I definitely did not forget about this week’s Friday Five. Let’s do it.
1. I am obsessed with breakfast, as you may know. Last week I brought you kale scrambled eggs, but this week’s favorite breakfast recipe is the easiest paleo pancake recipe. Take one banana, two eggs, a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of vanilla extract. Put in a blender for 30 seconds and cook like you would normal pancake batter. The result are super tender pancakes that are perfect with some peanut butter and syrup. Seriously, they take five minutes and are good for you. How could you not?
2. Speaking of healthy things, I’ve made up my mind that Beyonce’s “Kale” sweatshirt is definitely my next impulse buy. All hail, Queen B.
3. This Monday is MLK Day, and I think it couldn’t be more fitting to go see Selma. It’s the story of Dr. King’s historic march from Selma to Montgomery in 1965. It’s crazy to think that it took so much suffering for justice and equality to really become part of American culture…and a little crazier to think, in light of recent events, how much further we have to go in actually embodying those ideals.
4. Lilly Pulitzer is coming to Target, and my life will never be the same. It’s every sorority girl’s dream come true.
5. My heart’s been weighing heavy with so much sadness–from those suffering around the world as victims of warfare to my own campus this week. Whenever I find myself in a bad place, or overcome by the darkness so prevalent in the world, I recite this poem to myself. I’m sure I’ve shared it before but these words ring true time after time.
You are marvelous. Have a great weekend.